It is a shared insight that wall putty offers a very smooth surface and decreases the intake of Paint. Today, you can find a wide range of Wall Putty that is particularly intermingled with premixed powder. It is extremely white in color and there is water resistance in it. Well, The Wall Putty is mostly applied before doing the final paint. Since it is so, the life of the paint increases. The good thing about it is that it can easily be used on both dry & wet walls, and also be applied on interior and exterior finishing of walls. High quality of raw material and advanced technology is used in the manufacturing of this wall putty. It is really significant to understand the process of applying putty. The better knowledge of the concept will help you with excellent results. So, grab the exciting wall putty from the prodigious Wall putty manufacturers and give new horizons to your walls.
Some Useful Points Related to Wall Putty
- First of all, it has to be kept in mind that Wall putty should be applied to walls only after first primer coat has been dried. It fills in slight cracks and surface imperfections, and offers a defensive sub-layer for the posh paint. As per the need, one or two coats of putty can be applied, but just allow the prior coat to get dry before you apply the succeeding coat. Please note that wall putty is mostly available in packs of 1kg, 5kg, 20kg and 40kg.
- It has been experienced that usually, two coats of finish coat are needed for fetching the desired finish and shade. However, it is very important that every single coat is totally dry before the submission of following one. Don’t forget to refer to the directions given with the paint bought for finding out drying time and special directions if any. The proper effect of wall putty will emerge only if the process goes correctly.
- Before you start up this creative endeavor, remember that during the surface groundwork exercise, it is advisable that you do wear safety goggles and a mask for avoiding unnecessary dust. For making your experience with wall putty a good one, make sure you carry some required items such as Putty knife, Paint Scrapper, Sanding Block, Sand paper, little water, cloth and a firm brush.
- Make use of a putty knife, paint scrapper or a sand paper for removing loose flakes or particles and make sure that the entire surface is free from dirt, dust, grease etc. For lime wash coated walls it is recommended that you scratch it off with a Paint Scrapper or just sand paper. For walls which are based on oil paint, you can eliminate the sheen by sanding as well. Make sure that all peeling paint is also detached and whatever paint is left stick too tightly to the wall. Please note to stay careful on wood siding for avoiding extorting the wood with a scrapper.
- It is important that you take the assistance of a screw driver for digging out all the cracks and removing the loose material. Then just seal them with putty mixture or plaster. Once it gets dry, just smoothen the surface with a 220 grade sanding paper.
SO, wall putty is what you need for your walls. Just explore the ideas and embrace the best one for your house!
Latest posts by Aravind (see all)
- Top Trekking Packages of Nepal - June 23, 2018
- How to Choose the Best Residential Roof Material– Infographics - June 23, 2018
- Amazing 4 Best & Beautiful View Points of Nepal - May 8, 2018