Planning to design a kitchen for your new home or looking forward to renovating the existing one? Careful thought and research is essential before the implementation of the plan. Kitchen now is not just a room where food is cooked, but a place where the family and guests dine and hence appropriate kitchen designs can not only make cooking enjoyable but also adds shine to the ambience of your home.
Whether you plan to have a simple standard kitchen or a luxury kitchen, there are a few factors that one has to consider with regard to kitchen designs:
- Budget – This is the first decision one has to make. Depending on your budget, you can choose the style of your kitchen, materials used, fittings, etc., and also if you should start working on kitchen designs by yourself or if you should hire a professional kitchen designer.
- Theme – Depending on the space available and your budget one can choose the kind of kitchen one wants – a traditional, rustic, contemporary, or luxury.
- Styles – A kitchen can be designed in different shapes. There is a straight kitchen, the parallel, the L-shaped, the U-shaped, the island, etc.
- Floor – Once the theme and shape of the kitchen has been decided, the next important factor to consider is the flooring. Since the kitchen bears the maximum brunt of wear and tear in a house, flooring of the kitchen should be chosen accordingly. One that suits the local climate of your area as well as blends with the rest of the house should be your top choice. Flooring is available in ceramic, wood, stone, etc. Choose the one that is durable and easy to maintain.
- Counter-tops – Counter tops are of the essential additions in kitchen designs. They are made of slabs of marble, granite, or tiles of different materials and designs. The length and breadth of counter tops largely depends on the space available as well as the needs of your family.
- Kitchen cabinets – These cabinets are available in a variety of designs as well as material. They can be made from solid wood, steel, plywood, particle board, etc. These cabinets can be of the floor to ceiling length, above and below counter tops, or island cabinets. Doors of kitchen cabinets also make a huge difference in the aesthetics of the kitchen. If your budget allows and matches the rest of your house, carved doors can give a rich look to your kitchen. Sleek and smooth doors are another option. Along with appropriate fixtures, cabinets also beautify your kitchen.
- Fixtures – Kitchen sinks, dust bins, faucets, etc., must be selected at the time of designing a kitchen. Fixtures which blend well with the counter-top, flooring, and cabinets can give a rich look to your kitchen.
- Lighting – Appropriate lighting can add a sparkle to your kitchen. Whether you choose chandeliers, pendant lights, or any other kind of lighting, when placed at the right place and angle they can enhance the look of your kitchen.
- Kitchen equipment’s – Built-in kitchen equipment’s are now the in-thing. So, as you begin to think of kitchen designs, please sit down with your family and decide on the gadgets you will need as a family in your kitchen. The most common equipment’s fixed are refrigerator, cooking range with hood, oven, microwave, etc.
There are many professional kitchen designers and companies who can help you with kitchen designs. Search on the internet for the nearest and the reputed ones, make a comparison among them, and choose the most cost effective and reliable people for the job. They can not only guide you with the design but can also show you models of kitchens which they have already fixed or if they have 3D technology available to help you get a more accurate picture of the design of your choice. Do all of the above and we can assure that cooking and dining will be more fun for your family in the future.
Latest posts by Daisy Andrew (see all)
- Some of The Important Things to Consider in Kitchen Designs - September 27, 2017